Thursday 28 April 2011

Another to work with


This wide rim bowl as with the previous two pieces has been sitting around for some time while I work out how to proceed.

There is a strong Philip Streeting influence in this piece and I became aware of this as I worked on the piece. It was not intentional at all but after some time I realised the more I worked how his textured coloured wide rim bowls have been ingrained in my psyche. So I have put it on the shelf where it has sat now for about two months while I try to decide how to add my own slant.

Still thinking about it :-), it will come to me one day. !

The inside has just been coloured in a singular colour at this stage. But the rest is on hold until I can add my own identity to the piece.

Not sure what the colour for the texture as yet, may be in line for some lichen or other similar material, but will have to see.

1 comment:

George Foweraker said...

Hi Mark i like this a lot.If you are going to do anything to the bowl why not gold leaf it then put some red stain on the gold leaf just to warm it up a bit.Then possibly a very light brushing of gold guilt cream on the texturing.