Wednesday 4 January 2012

Update

Well 2011 has obviously ended and we are already racing into the new year.

2011 was a great for me in relation to my turning achievements.  The targets that I set for myself were met and surpassed and I was very fortunate to meet many great people and visit many great places both here and abroad.

Tool sales of the Revolution and other Crown Tools have grown month on month with the Revolution being received very well indeed and seems to go from strength to strength. So this year I will be expanding the tools that I offer as well as some further additions.

Consolidation of my work is also at the forefront of my target for 2012 with more work in the pipe line to get into new outlets as well as to replenish some of my current outlets with new work.

Currently I am taking a break from magazine articles as it is good to have a break not only for me but the readers as it is important I believe to have fresh article styles as well as me needing extra time to complete the writing of a book.

Also I am currently engaged in making a piece of work that I have been invited to submit to an exhibition in America, this for me so early in 2012 has to be the icing on the cake already, being invited out of the blue to submit a piece of work to such an exhibition is something that I would never have dreamt about achieving a few years ago.

So I have lots to be getting on with and as such I will generally only be posting on my blog and less within the forums as they are great time guzzlers and I need very much to be more selfish with my time in 2012. 

Of course I would not be where I am without the support and friendship of many, so am as ever thankful to those of you who continue to help me when ever I need it.

3 comments:

George Foweraker said...

Hi Mark.
Congratulations on being asked to exhibit in America.It will be a big opening for you because unlike here artistic turning is very appreciated there.I am pleased tool sales are on the up and I will keep an eye open for future offers and tool promotions from you.

Lee Robert Sneddon said...

Hi Mark,

Exciting news about the exhibit, kept that one quiet eh? LOL!

I am sure you and your work will be highly regarded and well received.

Looking forward to seeing how you develop in 2012. Hopefully I can keep up but I doubt it!

Cheers,

Lee.

Mark said...

Hi Lee

Thank you for the continued interest. Hopefully my work will be well received if I get it finished. Some candle burning I think.!

All the best with your work in 2012 also.

Take care

Mark