Friday 12 October 2012

New Maker/update


You may have found on my web site the Inspirational Links page where from time to time I add links to various makers web sites that I have met and feel that others may find the work interesting and inspirational.

Such a maker I met a short while ago at Cheam Woodturners during a demo is Hilary Sinclair, contemporary jewellery working in precious metal and wood. Hilary produces very fine and beautiful work, so take a look and enjoy.

..............................................................................................................................................................



As some will know I have recently been to a collaboration in South Western Australia. It was and amazing experience during which I amassed over 700 pictures. Currently I am constructing a long blog entry about this, my journey and the collaboration. Hopefully in a week or two I will be able to post it.

Needless to say I was blown away by the generosity, openness and willingness to share by all of the makers that I met. Many new friends have been made and I am already saving to go to another one in two years time. A long way to go for a get together/collaboration I know, but the value of such an event can not be believed until experienced. After all you only get the best out of life by getting involved in the positive experiences.



 

No comments: